I am so glad this week is over, I have been so stressed out and tired and frustrated, I just want to find a corner and scream, it has just been one of those weeks, cue Monica’s song “One of those days”. The only thing that makes me happy is food, plus it doesn’t talk back, and since today has been the highlight of all the horrible days I am going to make myself an amazing chicken teriyaki dinner with rice and veggies.
I got the recipe from Pinterest
4-6 large deboned, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce (some sauces can be very spicyand salty, you can look up how to make your own sauce here ==>http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Teriyaki-Sauce )
1/2 cup soy sauce
3tbsn sweet chilli sauce (you can leave this out if you don’t like chilli)
2tbsn brown sugar
2tsp ginger, crushed
2 garlic cloves, crushed
juice of 2 lemons (about 1/2 cup)
- Cut the chicken into bite sized chunks and place in a Ziploc bag.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and heat until the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and pour over the chicken.
- Allow to marinade for at least 20 minutes or over night.
- When you’re ready to cook the chicken, heat a large frying pan until it’s VERY hot and add olive oil.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade but KEEP the marinade.
- Fry the chicken until it starts to feel firm and it’s gone a nice caramelly colour and turn down the heat. Pour in half of the marinade and allow to cook until the marinade has reduced and has gone slightly sticky and thick and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Serve the chicken with rice and greens of your choice.